Wednesday, October 08, 2014

aaaawwwwwww snap! if this overseer's hot, shit's about to get unbelievably real....,

dailymail |  Texas sheriff's deputy rushed to hospital with Ebola symptoms after attending apartment of 'patient zero' who died today
  • Dallas County Sheriff Deputy Michael Monnig went to an urgent care clinic in Frisco, Texas with his wife on Wednesday A witness at the clinic described him as 'hunched over and flushed' 
  • The deputy was inside the apartment where Ebola patient Thomas Duncan fell ill - the officer wasn't wearing protective clothing 
  •  The CDC said the person is not one of the 48 contacts being monitored 
  • The CareNow clinic was placed in lock-down Liberian national Mr Duncan, 42, died from Ebola on Wednesday morning 
  •  Sgt Monnig's family said today the CDC had told them that their loved one was not at risk and they were just taking precautions
A Dallas County sheriff's deputy has been hospitalized today with Ebola symptoms, a week after he went unprotected into the apartment of first patient Thomas Duncan. Sgt Michael Monnig went on Wednesday to an urgent-care facility in Frisco, Texas with his wife, after complaining of stomach problems. The deputy presented at the clinic a week after he visited the Dallas home where Duncan was staying when he developed Ebola symptoms. Sgt Monnig was at the home to deliver a quarantine order to family members. Neither Sgt Monnig, nor the other two health officials, Zachary Thompson and Christopher Perkins with him, were wearing protective clothing or masks despite being in the apartment as cleaning crews were going about their work in full protective gear.


BigDonOne said...

The official word will likely be He Is OKAY. The Secret Service has likely paid covert visits to all media outlets and threatened that if one word of Truth is released about this, they will face an unbelievable shit-storm of unwanted attention from the IRS, FBI, OSHA, EEOC, Homeland Security, etc etc. After all, wudn't be good for First Fuzzy.....

woodensplinter said...

You neglected to mention that he was not a member of the set of ~100 being monitored by the local authorities.

woodensplinter said...

Everything that could go wrong in Spain, did go wrong in Spain: When Teresa Romero Ramos, the Spanish nurse now afflicted with the deadly Ebola virus first felt feverish on September 30, she reportedly called her family doctor and told him she had been working with Ebola patients just like Thomas Eric Duncan who died today in Dallas. Her fever was low-grade, just 38 degrees Celsius (100 degrees Fahrenheit), far enough below the 38.6-degree Ebola red alert temperature to not cause alarm. Her doctor told her to take two aspirin, keep an eye on her fever and keep in touch, according to Spanish press reports quoting Romero’s husband Javier Limón Romero. He says she didn’t initially exhibit any of the other Ebola symptoms: vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, and she certainly didn’t feel sick enough to stay in bed.

Less than a week later, Romero tested positive for the virus – news she learned not from her doctor but from watching a Spanish Europa Press news report on her smartphone from her hospital bed. Her husband and a second nurse’s aide who treated the same Ebola patients were immediately put under quarantine when Romero’s diagnosis was confirmed. Now a third nurse who also worked with the same Ebola patients who infected Romero is exhibiting the same low-grade fever. This time, authorities acted quickly to isolate her. Had they had the same response to Romero’s slight fever, they could have stopped the spread of the deadly virus. Instead, scores of people in Madrid who used the same public transportation, restaurants, and grocery stores as Romero wait anxiously to see if they, too, will get sick

makheru bradley said...

[Neither Sgt Monnig, nor the other two health officials, Zachary Thompson and Christopher Perkins with him, were wearing protective clothing or masks despite being in the apartment as cleaning crews were going about their work in full protective gear.] Sarge and these dudes definitely not the sharpest tacks in the box, but we could say the same thing about the medical establishment running this operation. One wonders what is the criteria for monitoring? Oh, Sarge had no contact with Duncan's bodily fluids so he's good to go. Murica (and Spain) should take lessons on handling this virus from Nigeria and Senegal.

["In the whole system approach in beating the war on Ebola, contact tracing is the key public health activity that needs to be done," said Gavin MacGregor-Skinner, who helped with the Ebola response in Nigeria with the Elizabeth R. Griffin Research Foundation. "The key is to find all the people that patient had direct close contact with." From that single patient came a list of 281 people, MacGregor-Skinner said. Every one of those individuals had to provide health authorities twice-a-day updates about their well-being, often through methods like text-messaging. Anyone who didn't feel well or failed to respond was checked on, either through a neighborhood network or health workers.
Sawyer had come into contact with someone who ended up in Port Harcourt. That person, a regional official, went to a doctor who ended up dying from Ebola in August. Within a week, 70 people were being monitored. It ballooned to an additional 400 people in that one city. In the end, contact tracers — trained professionals and volunteers — conducted 18,500 face-to-face visits to assess potential symptoms, according to the CDC, and the list of contacts throughout the country grew to 894. Two months later, Nigeria ended up with a total of 20 confirmed or probable cases and eight deaths.]
[Senegalese health workers identified a total of 67 contacts of the patient. All were monitored for Ebola for 21 days with no further Ebola cases. The patient recovered and was released on September 19.]

makheru bradley said...

Another contact-tracing epic fail.

[Texas health worker tests POSITIVE for Ebola. A Texas health care worker who treated a America's Ebola 'patient zero' became the second person in the country to test positive for the deadly virus. The worker from the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital reported a fever on Friday night and was isolated pending confirmatory testing by the Centers for Disease Control. Area officials admitted at a Sunday press conference that the unnamed healthcare worker was not a part of the original high risk pool identified after Thomas Eric Duncan's diagnosis in September and was, in fact, wearing protective gloves and mask while treating Duncan.]

A person with direct contact was not considered "high-risk" because he was wearing protective clothing. Let's see how they explain this one? There was no thought of monitoring everyone who had contact with Duncan, just as a precaution. The protective clothing failure has got to be sending shockwaves through the medical community.Perhaps this helps to explain why so many healthcare workers are being exposed to EVD in Afrika.