Sunday, January 03, 2021

Sen. Mitch McConnell's Louisville Home Vandalized

WDRB  |  Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's home in the Highlands area of Louisville was vandalized overnight.

Messages were written on the front of the home in red and white spray paint. The words "Weres my money" were spray painted on the front door in reference to McConnell blocking an effort to increase COVID-19 stimulus checks from $600 to $2,000.

Other messages were spray painted along the front porch, but the rest of McConnell's home appeared to be untouched. As of Saturday morning, Louisville Metro Police said it does not know who is responsible for the damage.

"I’ve spent my career fighting for the First Amendment and defending peaceful protest. I appreciate every Kentuckian who has engaged in the democratic process whether they agree with me or not," McConnell said in a statement responding to the vandalism. "This is different. Vandalism and the politics of fear have no place in our society. My wife and I have never been intimidated by this toxic playbook. We just hope our neighbors in Louisville aren’t too inconvenienced by this radical tantrum."

0 comments:

Israel Cannot Lie About Or Escape It's Conspicuous Kinetic Vulnerability

nakedcapitalism |   Israel has vowed to respond to Iran’s missile attack over the last weekend, despite many reports of US and its allies ...