Wednesday, December 02, 2015

there was no tampering with the video gotta go, gotta go, gotta go....,


nbcchicago |  Now NBC 5 News has obtained screen grabs of what appears to be at least one police officer in the Burger King at what appears to be a computer terminal that night.

What happened to the video is disputed. Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez said testing showed the computer files had not been tampered with.

But as we first reported last May, a Burger King district manager said police deleted the security footage after spending more than three hours in the restaurant.

NBC 5 has been told four to five officers were inside the Burger King after the shooting of McDonald who had run through the restaurant parking lot and onto Pulaski Road where, approximately 11 seconds later, he was shot.

In May, Jay Darshane, a district manager for Burger King, said both cameras and video recorder were all on and working properly the night of the shooting.

“We had no idea they were going to sit there and delete files. I mean we were just trying to help the police officers,” Darshane said.

When asked if he was sure they deleted the files, he said, “yes.

The time gap in the footage, Darshane said, ran from 9:13 to 10:39. Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke fired his first shot at 9:57, according to charges.

Alvarez said at a press conference last week no one tampered with the Burger King video.